Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mail Call

Last year at Christmas time someone said that they got as much wanted junk mail in their mail box as they did on the computer. Wanted junk mail is stuff that you signed up for to get.
I decided to track it this year to see who was the worst at sending out email messages. I started the week of Thanksgiving and went to Christmas.
The winner or loser was Abercrombie and Fitch. I got one a day from them and for one week three a day. Also I get from their subsidiary Hollister,they sent out one a day and for that one week two a day. The next down the list at one a day was JC Penny, Kohls and Macy's.
Then there was the nice twice a week ones. L.L. Bean,Eddie Bauer,Borders, Elder Beerman, Saks, and Dillards. Yes I do get a lot of store emails.
Finally there is the ones that only came once a week. Hobby Lobby,Crate and Barrel,J. Crew,Old Navy,IKEA,Burlington Coat Factory and The Gap.
How many of these emails made me shop at some place over another...None. But I never know when one of them may send out something that I just had to have.
If I get a survey from any of them I will say that once a week is nice.

No comments: