Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Road Trip To See Someone Famous

Yesterday made a quick road trip out to Cedar Rapids for an authors book signing. Jodi Picoult (pronounced PEEcol)author of some 15 novels was at the Barnes and Noble out there. Nancy, Melissa and I made the short trip out there after they got off work. First stop was someplace to eat. We decided not to eat at someplace we had here in the QC. Found a nice place called. "nothing but Noodles". Good food and filling. Then we went to the under prepared B&N. The place was packed. They said that they had 100 chairs set up. There must have been 250 people standing and sitting. We got in between some shelving units. Took down their sign so Mel could see...Damn short people.
Jodi came out and read from her newest book. Its about a shooting in a high school.She then did the Q&A. Where do your ideas come from, do you use friends as a base, how long,what the next one,advice to new writers.Then it was only 90 minutes to wait and get the books signed and then on the way home.
No bookseller were hurt in the making of this blog.







2 comments:

granma mac said...

The author is left handed. Just thought that you would like to know that I can still pay attention if I want to. YES

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ms. Picoult and I have SO much in common!!! I'm not a writer, I'm not famous, I'd never let Mel get that close to me...but I AM left-handed!

I'm so special. Lisa