Saturday, May 12, 2007

Looking Back...

It was pointed out to me from a regular reader that I haven't added anything since my birthday,which was a month ago. I've been really busy,lazy, And haven't had the chance to do anything...
I took vacation the week of my birthday and tried to drag it out the whole week like always. Lunches and dinners the whole week. I also got jobs singing that week. All funerals...that's ok easy money. Did have trouble with a couple cheap Lutherans.
Was going to write about the week the next Monday but turned and the tv and saw the horror coming out of Virginia. Its time like these that makes me wonder what would drive a person to do something like that. The families of the victims and the survivors will never get any answers. One nice thing was that I only saw one tabloid do one of their stupid headlines...I think this was too tragic even for them to try and trash it.

Month moved on and it was a SSDD time at work. The managers dad passed away suddenly. When she said what he was like and that the docs gave him 6 months it was hard not to say...I don't think you will have that long.
Life moves on.

I did one of my grand adventures. The Queen went to the Kentucky Derby this year. So I decided I was going to see if I could get a look at her. Didnt' get down to Louisville until that night but did follow the royal watchers group the next day. Saw her go into and then come out of church. Well saw her hat. She is always ringed with the guys in dark suits.
Later as she toured a Stud farm I tryed to get a picture but it only looked like little blobs because of the distance away from her...Guy next to me had a lens that looked like two feet long. I was such a novice at this. Had the car searched...the guy looked it over and saw Iowa...You drove it from Iowa? Really?....yes and stop making fun of it.
Oh Kentucky smells like horse s**t.

Now onto the countdown to the day of the weddings. 5 in one day. If no mess ups I should be able to make them all. Is there a worlds record for attending weddings in one day?
Then we have the summer concert time. See how many times I can see Stevie this year..No arrests...really...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The single most incredible thing about this post is that it proved how very useless the Secret Service is if YOU could get even this close to the Queen.