Sunday, August 23, 2009

On The Mighty Mississippi

I really haven't been walking as much as I should. I could give all the reasons but we'll go with just lazy. Made plans with Old Lady Gimm to go walking after she got off work on Sunday. Met down at Lindsay Yacht Club and walked the path heading to Bettendorf.


Some of the plants along the way. Day Lilly I was told
Can't go to Bettendorf without a picture of the I 74 bridge
Iowa beaches

So the blood sugar was running a little low so we HAD to stop and get something to eat or drink. Who knew that Village Inn was the closest thing at hand. Its peanut butter cup pie
The Channel Cat. Looked to be full. Nice to see they are doing good business.
Sail boat that turned as I took picture.
The massive lilly pad area just before the park. See the white blob on the right. Thats trash but the block of wood to the left of that had a small turtle on it. Just sunning himself.

No comments: