Sunday, April 06, 2008

But I Was Going To....

I had all kinds of plans for today to get done. Well you know what they say when you make plans? God has other ideas for you...Well it was God but Nancy. Close I know..
I was going to do a little shopping and then head out of town to blow the cobwebs out of the Blazer. My mechanic said that would be the best thing for it, is to get it out on the open road and go. I haven't had a chance to go to Chicago or Peoria so I thought today would be a good day.
((RING))
Your bringing down the couch from Chicago today....OH...be here in about three hours....oh...yeah I'll be home...
Plan B...shopping....Go see Maria and Garret....Cute chubby little guy. He's not reacting well to the shots they gave him. He cried and cried and screamed and cried...so I patted and patted and got puked on and patted and then fed him....Then patted more then ZZZZZZ....Mother was very happy for that.
Then more shopping then home to clean and figure out what I'm going to do with the old very long couch.  So I moved it out and cleaned behind and under it...Savannah I found your sucker....
then I moved the old one into the dinning room...Each girl can look out a window while in a couch now. Then Nancy and Bob showed up with the couch
I thought I had a big one before now....oh will it fit in the space I made for it. grunt groan turn turn turn...yeahhhh....I may give up the bed for this...
One of the things I got today was the digital converter for the TV. Hooked it up and turned on the tv and nothing...flip flip flip...nothing...OH ALL RIGHT...I'll read the directions...press menu and then this and that and oh...picture..clear picture. I can now get way more channels then I did before. I have channels 2 and 9 out of Cedar rapids. two channel 4s channel 6 and its weather channel. Channel 8 and its weather channel. the UPN/my network station. three IPTVs Channel 18 and the WB station from Burlington and channel 20 for Iowa City. Its telling me that I'd get better and more it I got a better set of rabbit ears...They are only picking up 29% of the signals out there...
So plan C is to layout on the new couch and get the remotes and enjoy the rest of my weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i sure hope you got a coupon from the gov't before you spent $50 some odd dollars on that box.