Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday In the Park With...Me Part 1

So I got two days off and nothing really planned. After breakfast with the newlyweds I came home and took a nap...6hr later I woke up with my depression kicking up so I told myself no sleeping the day away off I will go. I decided to hit a park. One I'd never been to before or not been to in a long time. One not to far away. Wild Cat Den State Park. So off I go...my first stop was to see Old Lady Gimm. I thought since she worked at West Lake Park they would have something about Wild Cat....OOOOOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOO....Wild Cat is a STATE PARK....WE ARE A COUNTY PARK... Well that was me told...and no one could really tell me how to get there either...It's in Muscatine County. I don't believe they have mapped that area yet. So off I go....

Kathy and her command center...Don't crash the star ship....

So I'm driving down 61 and remember that I saw a sign for the park. On and on I go and then I see the sign for it. I turn on the road for it and see the other sign....Road closed to thru traffic...So I turn around and decide I'll head into Muscatine and then double back down 22 and catch it that way. Well thirst and other stuff pull me into the Mall...Once a busy place its now down to maybe 5 stores open at any one time...
Muscatine Mall...Ohhh look a car in the lot...!!!

And really that's all the stores that are open in there.

Talk about a ironic named park.

the new entrance
the little light house in the middle of the pond...its there to help all the ducks find their way back
The Gazebo
In case the people from Illinois attack again.
Birdhouse that will withstand any weather in Muscatine

the old main entrance gates

The dedication stone in the old gate...hard to read...but 1927 for the Weed family. Then its off to Wild Cat Den State Park...in part 2

No comments: