Saturday, August 23, 2008

Highland Games 2008

The 2008 Highland Games were held today at the Mississippi Valley Fair grounds. Crowd was ok seeing as Locust Street in front of the grounds is all torn up with road destruction. I don't remember what the names of each of the five games are but you can go to their website and it will explain.Celtic Highland Games


Throwing what looked like a sledge hammer

Throwing a weight on a chain...
Gwen thinking that hiding behind a giant cross will keep her safe from me
The row of the clans
The Bonnie Knee Contest
Tossing the Caber...or putting up a telephone pole
One of the Highland Cows
OK I got it this far now what.


The village of Andorra. Its a good place to stay down wind from...they take the recreation of the 15-16th century to the max. The great unbathed...
Some of the toys from the Highland Games
Can't be at the Fair grounds without seeing Moova....the Giant forgotten Bull
Young Ones doing hand to hand combat
In case you can't read them...I found Jesus, he was behind the couch the whole time.....Earth First then we'll strip the rest of the planets,.....Sometimes I think I understand everything,then I regain consciousness....I'd like to really meet this person

No comments: