Friday, August 29, 2008

Up To Dubuque

Everytime I have time off I ask anybody I know what would be a nice place to go to...Leanne always tells me I need to go to the river museum in Dubuque. So without Leanne ....



Di,Kathy and I went to the National Mississippi
River Museum & Aquarium
. It has a lot about the steamboats that used to go up and down the river. But it also has about the wildlife that lives in on along it...and how we are messing that up.

Some of the other names the Mississippi is called...I like the bottom one of Mr. Sippi's wife
'
A place with a sense of humour.

Pig-eyed Parrat the first citizen of St Paul MN. Yeah his eyes did look odd...1834 I think the date.
Kathy and one of her school mates. She's pointing out what she thinks is an error.
Mr. Twain flirting with Di.
Kathy and the fish tank


Di and one of the boats on display. This was a family run boat. the conditions basic on it. the deck hands got $27 a week during the depression.
A shark.

What the inside design of one of the River boats looked like.

Kathy reliving her youth.this was a nice little cafe that we stopped at after the museum. Its in the Cable Car Square a nice area of old homes turned into shops.It time for dinner and I said this place closes soon so why don't we go to Galena....So off we went....but the pie at this place...mmmmmmmmm

No comments: