Sunday, March 15, 2009

River Front Walk

Since I've been told I'm a diabetic one of the many things I'm supposed to do is exercise. Running around the bookstore isn't enough I guess. 20-30 minutes of walking three times a week is what they would like...more if the time or energy. I've tried to walk the Malls but that ends up being to expensive...One lap to window shop and then second lap to buy..
So it was really nice out today and I had no real excuse of why not,so I went for a walk down on the river.
I went to the marina at the East Village as my starting point. There are little signs that tell you how far each place is. I figured the Bettendorf city limits would be a good start. 1mile each way. 1 mile out ok but half way back..ouch...heel ....blister...darn...took off my shoes and socks and came back barefoot...I figure it was a better risk then making it worse with the blister. Did my blood test when I got home..89. For those that don't know..yes that's really good.



Looking down river at Davenport on the Right
Bettendorf City limits
Maybe I'll try for St Paul at a later date...
Its an eagle on the stump.
The I 74 bridge.


When the barges are thick on the river a Stack Id guide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you miss the part in the diabetes education class where you have to protect your feet? NO BARE FEET silly!!!!