Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to the Beginning

At the beginning of December my computer died. After 5 years of faithful service it just went off and wouldn't come back on. Some said it was the power source or something else that sounded expensive. I knew the time was right to get a new one. My Windows 2000 which I loved dearly was no longer supported by Microsoft.
I really didn't feel like going around and checking all the different places. So I went to Best Buy. I had to wait while the young man was helping someone else. And I guess no one else worked in computers cuz anyone I saw go past did it fast with head down. No eye contact. Finally he was finished and I asked him a couple questions about the one that I liked. He told me I was stupid because it wasn't a Mac...I let him go on for a bit then told him that if he wanted to keep his job that he would shut his little mouth and not make the customer feel like they are stupid by pushing something on them that they don't want. Yes I did go on a bit and did have him in tears but really.
Got it home and hooked it up and hated it. No not because of anything the little boy said. Vista. Microsoft's latest way to drive the American public nuts.
Everytime I'd go to open a program or do anything a pop up would ask..."do you really want to do this?"...Well duh I wouldn't have clicked it if I didn't. I found a way to stop most of those coming up.
Then the other problem. It really didn't like my dial up. I could go out and make a sandwich,balance my check book,and play a couple rounds of free cell before a page would load. Running 56K but still. Slow...and god forbid that I was chatting to someone and trying to surf the net. So after it took almost 3 hrs to do my taxes online this year I signed up for high speed internet. I'm so proud of myself when the stuff came I hooked it all up by my self and ITS WORKS!!!! Now I get no sleep and I've become addicted to You tube. You go Susan Boyle....Anyway. yes I'm in the 21st century and loving it. Now I just need to get a bigger monitor and I'll be set. I still hate Vista.

No comments: