Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Week That Was...kinda long

I just a social butterfly. Each day this week I had something to do...and it didn't cost me that much money.
Monday
She who doesn't want her picture taken emailed and asked if I wanted to do a road trip on Monday..Her last day of freedom before the school year starts. She's a teacher...loves her job...can't wait for the school year to start...
Any way a road trip but with some limits...In this time zone and not more then a hour away...Well that cuts down on the fun...Ok Peoria...its a 45 minute drive away and I'd like to go down there and not worry about a Doctor's appointment.
Weather forecast...90 and humid...heat index.101....so off to the out door mall in Peoria. We had to go into Bergner's because She got a chill and needed a sweater..90 and she needs a sweater...oy vay!
We then went to old mall in town. Went to Macy's and got a comforter/quilt set for the twins. Macy's has that you can give feed back at the bottom of every receipt. I did...it wasn't nice.


The town of Galesburg in the distance...growing?
This horse farm is less then a mile from the new business area in Peoria. I only saw tan horses..and this is the only picture of she who shall not have picture taken.
Pretty good place. Little more upscale then texas roadhouse or Lonestar.
The shoppes of Grande Prairie....wooo woooo
Yeah and its not that big. Looks like a house they built onto
the only other people we saw out walking around. it being 90ish this is the Borders sidewalk sale.
Art?
A Holocaust memorials with all buttons...Didn't take many pictures of it because someone had damaged it.
Lion
Bears


A stream that looked so inviting.


the name on the bridge was Thousand Dollar.


Tuesday
I went and had my eyes checked. Its something I do every year. This time they dilated my eyes. First time in years. Yes the eyes have gotten worse so its new contacts and glasses. The lady told me I could pick out any frames. I said no I can't got bad eyes and they can't fit all the lens into all the frames...Oh yes they can...So I picked out three frames.Two that I've always wanted and one that I liked and knew I could get. The lady saw dollar signs when I sat down...Big sale...I told her no the first two I wouldn't be able to get because of the prescription....oh no no any lens any frame....so she put in the info and hit the final enter and even without my contacts in I saw the big NO show up on the screen....oh maybe not I hear....so she trys the second frame....ding ding...no again. So the third pair. yep they worked out..then she tried to sell me the expensive lens the difference between the normal and these $167. and 2 millimeters in width...no thank you.
So I shell out the money for that. Then I'm hungry and so I wander out into Walmart. Frozen pizza sounded good so I go over there. I can see clear at a distance but not close up. I get to the freezer and see the Tombstone brand but I can't make out what kind it is...So I ask a passing lady ...She looks into my dilated eyes and said...no the sausage is that one and then runs off.
The Drive home was ok but once I got here I couldn't see the tv or the computer screen. Don't ask about trying to read.

Wednesday
Nancy wanted to go to the outdoor mall in Peoria to look at a item she saw online in person. So after work off we go. 48minutes later we pull into the mall today its a lot more busy. We hit a couple of stores but nothing is gotten. Then we head to the old mall and I get some more comforters/quilt sets for the twins and I...no I'm not spoiling them...they need bed stuff when they come here to stay. Again Macy's again survey..again bad service...
The minute that we pull out of Peoria it starts to rain...hard....lots...lightning thunder....had to slow it down to 60 and just creep along to home. Got back to the store and I had left the windows down in Scarlett so very wet seat...

Thursday
Bloody Thursday. Wanted to get prime rib but its a seasonal think. Show the girls the quilt set..yeah excited as all get out. Then we watched Happy Feet.I had never seen it before with the midgets. the previews played and then the opening credits and I was talking to them ...then the movie started..and I was shhhhhh...by both of them...SSHhhh....Happy Feet On!....so we watched it...they would say something in parts that told me what was coming up....Swimming .....Scary.....Snow...It looks like I may have to invest in it..

Friday
Out to dinner with the skinny white chick. She was running late...Fun meetings for school and just enjoying herself so much. She shows up at my door....I'm hungry move it boy....now....So off to Applebee's there is a 20 minute wait. She looks like she's going to eat something off a passing tray. So first available...off we go past the poor people who had been seating there for a time. Dinner was ok but we got seated next to the one table that someone did smoke and it was someone who smoked while eating...?
Then off to a quick run thru the walmart and then she said she was tired...Must be from all the excitement of the school starting.

Saturday
First nothing to do with me...but we had one of the local radio stations at the store broadcasting live. Really they stayed out in their little van and broadcast and had a banner in the store telling people they were here. Red Hot Brian Scott and Tonie Tone....yeah ok...They never look like their voices.
After work was invited to dinner for friends parents anniversary. 60th.
Haven't seen some of them in years. Had to tell the couple that's getting married in December that I work for reactive not proactive people so I wouldn't be able to make the do.And to tell her that all the stuff on her registry was out of stock or discontinued.


Sunday
nothing....did nothing...read,caught up on Emmerdale and Hollyoaks..but nothing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are too TINY...geez i need a magnifying glass from work to see them...seriously. oh that borders..it looks large..was it long and small?