Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Into the Woods I Go


Today I did something now thinking back on it that was stupid. I went for a walk all by myself in Black Hawk State Park. No one knew I was going or anything like that. But I did it and I'm proud to say I did a pretty good job of it. I printed out the map a week ago and was going to put it in the car but forgot so I just wandered around. I started on the lower right hand side and I believe I went up and around the top of the park and came down in the play area on the top left hand side. Crossed over the road and then came back down the river side to were I started. I was looking for the Pioneer Cemetary but I must have walked right past it.



A good start.
Nice well done trails

creek running through it.
Useless marker with what looked to be a map in it at one time

Wasn't easy to get around. The ground is still soft from the rains.

And we go up

Not holding any bad feelings.

The shelter

Bridge over the highway

Not a place Savannah would like

wild flowers and weeds

Civil War Memorial


Black Hawk War Memorial
trail leading down...no..not going down that one

The Museum and Lodge.

Only because some one did try to do it.

ouch if they did

the mighty Rock River

Just neat.

and on we go

More of the Rock

Some old foundations. Maybe a shelter that got flooded out.

AAAhhhh back to the parking lot and the Blazer...

For information about the park go to www.blackhawkpark.org

No comments: