Sunday, July 15, 2007

C.D.A.

I suffer from Chronic Depression. No this doesn't mean that I sit around all day and go poor me. That is left up to other people (deep sigh)
I thankfully only have periods that I just don't want to face life and would like to sleep. I've tried pills but they made me goofy. (wait for laugh to fade)
Today was one of those days that I woke up with the feeling. Instead of rolling over and going back to sleep I did what the doctor ordered (yes I follow Dr orders sometime)I did something. In this case went shopping.
I needed to find a black robe for the Harry Potter night. Don't ask...Couldn't find any at the department stores. Heavy lined is all I found and I knew that come Saturday night I would be roasting in it.So I want just a light cotton one...Like they have at the hospitals...mmmmm...never thought of that...should have just gotten one from there...
Anyway headed out and found nothing on the Illinois side and then down the Iowa side. So having a quest in mind I headed down river to Muscatine..I know whats in Muscatine...NOTHING. Then over to Iowa City. Coral Ridge was quiet. Most of the stores I hit very quiet. The highways the same way. very little traffic. Kept waiting to here that we had something bad happen again.
Nothing In Iowa City. Then up to Cedar Rapids. Nothing. Then I noticed it was 3 and I hadn't eaten.
Another great side effect of the depression.
Coming back Scarlett decided to let me know that it was hot and she was tired.So we took a little rest in Mechanics ville and then headed home. 1 robe blue,three shirts and two pair of shorts...
Also went over the new Rock River Bridge. its hard to get on it. and then they didn't have the signs up so didn't really know where to go...Oh the wonderful department of transportation.
Depression...little better. Tomorrow maybe clean house.
FYI Chronic Depression Anoymous

No comments: