Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Maybe Everything

To make a little extra money I sing at Weddings and Funerals. Yes hired by the people, no more crashing... much....
Today I had a funeral to do.I've been asked in the past to sing what some people think are very odd songs. 
Happy Days Are Here Again,the jazzy version. Lonesome Loser,Send in the Clowns and a very bluesy version of Amazing Grace.
 
This was a Catholic one. They had a little visitation before the service. It was business as usual until the guy with the camera walked in.
Yep just like a wedding the guy went around taking candid pictures of the people.The people shock I guess were the priest the organist and I.
the family went up and had their picture taken with the guest of honor..and then others. then they asked the organist and I...I asked her if she had ever done anything like this...No not in her 36 years. Once or twice little old ladies took one just before they closed the casket. And if it was someone famous, but nothing like this.
I have to give the guy credit...he didn't say smile or anything like that. He just asked to move a head to avoid glasses glare and maybe to move in..
I did look up the ladies obit to see if maybe I could get some insight in to why... I found out nothing...
No I never asked...I've learned never talk to anyone at a funeral..Its just easier on me that way.
So for now I think I've seen everything...but I'm sure that will change in the future.

No comments: