Monday, September 10, 2007

My Vacation...by I.M. Bored

For the last 10 days I've been on vacation...In that time I've gotten not a darn thing done if I could help it.
I did finish off a couple books.Straighten the CD collection (who's got the case for Steve Millers Greatest Hits)Watched a couple movies and slept...I figure a total of 110hrs...now this is over 10 days so its not that much. Went to lunch with friends. Ate at places I've never been before,Boozies and the San Francisco grill.Both places I'd go back to. Saturday was the high point of the week. With Lulu I went to the Beaux Arts Fair. Its in Downtown and local artist show off and sell their stuff(junk). There was some very interesting stuff. They had wood cuttings with names in them...Could find Savannah but not Constance...Not even a Connie. Went into the Bucktown artist building.Smile...nod...nod..smile...nod...oh yes..how nice....what the he..is this..smile nod....oh its a what...stand back and squint...oh oh...nice...
then off to the mall for some retail therapy. Saw the ugliest shirt...Ralph Lauren...flowers...can't really do it justice...lets just say Ralph must have been drunk or something when he ok'd that material. Its like a train wreck your eye just keeps coming back. $85 to begin with..marked down to $11 maybe when it gets to five...it looks like all of them that came in are still there.
Sunday went to a pub and had dinner with the Skinny White Chick, In this little hole in the wall place saw people that I know...So its true I know only bar flies.
Its been pretty nice out the whole time I've been off...Today just to add to the depression its been over cast and raining...Oh well I knew it had to come to an end...6weeks till my next one...

No comments: