Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Good Slice

The other night I didn't feel like cooking and I had a craving for pizza. I didn't feel also like driving the 1-3hrs to get my favorite so I called one of the places here in the hood. Uncle Bills. I went and picked it up the smell of hot pizza filled the inside of the Blazer and I was ready right then to dig in. I opened the box and found it was a Harris pizza knockoff...Sadness.
Well it was too late now and I didn't have a really strong reason to return it and I was hungry. So with closed mind, I drove home and tucked in. What don't I like about it. It could be the square slices...the sweet sauce...the sausage paste....To me a pizza needs to be round...there are square ones out there,beware..the slices need to be triangle, rounded crust at one end and a point at the other. The sausage needs to be seen. Little meat balls would be nice. I don't know if that is what they call Chicago style or not. Harris and all it's clones have been around here for years and people rave about it. Not me...I also don't like Maid-Rites but that's a whole other food group.
So the next time I have a craving for pizza I guess a quick trip up to Rock Falls to Angelos or if I really have time to kill maybe Chicago for Gino's. Oh the lengths I go for my eats.

No comments: